full disclosure: i was invited to a blogger event at orange tree imports and treated to snacks & refreshments while we learned about orange tree and some of the products they carry. i was also provided with a pizza pan, a spatula, and a paring knife as a thank-you for participating. i am not being monetarily compensated for this blog post and as always, all opinions expressed on the blog are my own.
a couple weeks ago, i was invited to spend an evening at orange tree imports in madison with some other bloggers. we had a private little gathering, drank some wine, ate some cheese, and talked about kitchen gadgets.
sounds amazing, right?
orange tree imports is a small business owned and operated by a husband & wife team. it’s been in business for 38 years, but has definitely evolved over that time. now, they sell everything from cookware to kitchen gadgets to specialty foods to gift items. there is definitely something for everyone in this store. it’s a good thing i don’t live closer because i do some major shopping every time i enter the store!
the premise of the night was for us bloggers to decide which products we’d want to buy if we had $100 to spend at orange tree.
i picked a mix of items to share with you today. i own some of these items, and others are things i think would be great gift ideas! (side note: does anyone else find kitchen gadgets to be one of the best gifts ever?).
1. salt pig – i first heard of a salt pig from my sister. she has one on her kitchen counter and i fell in love with it when i visited her earlier this year. i think it’s a fun, original, kitchen item that most people won’t already have, but just about everyone will find charming!
2. kikkerland owl kitchen timer – ok, this is a purely fun & whimsical item. i don’t know about you, but i would be delighted to receive such an adorable gift! it’s also semi-practical too. i have two timers in my kitchen (on the microwave & on the oven), but it happens more often than you might think that i have more than two things cooking that i need to time!
3. silicone lily pad lids – these things are amazing! i first heard about them at the blogger event, and then imagine my surprise when i received a set of them from my mother-in-law over the thanksgiving holiday (she knows me so well!). these lids are pretty cool. they’re microwave, oven, refrigerator, & freezer safe and come in sizes to fit just about every container. these work great for leftovers or any containers that don’t come with lids! i just got mine 3 days ago and have already used them!
4. wusthof 3.5” paring knife – i received this knife at the blogger event and it is already my go-to paring knife (and makes my cheap 3-for-$1 paring knives look like jokes!). it’s wusthof, so you know it’s high quality, but it’s also so practical. paring knives are definitely my most-used knives. this knife is normally around $40 at orange tree, but starting december 1, it’s on sale for $29.99!
5. stealth cheese knife – ok, so i already own quite a few cheese-cutting supplies, but this knife looks amazing! the blade is shaped so that the slice of cheese is pulled away from the wedge when the cheese is being cut, which makes is a clean & easy process. i’m convinced that i need this knife.
6. tovolo collapsible microwave food cover – this is one item that i have been looking for forever. our microwave gets pretty dirty & anything that can help me keep is clean is amazing. i am planning a trip back to orange tree to pick this up as soon as possible!
7. fox run measuring spoon set – again, i feel like i can never have enough sets of measuring spoons & cups. these measuring spoons come in adorable colors & would make a great stocking stuffer.
8. oxo cookie spatula – i already owned one of these amazing spatulas, and then i received another at the blogger event. i’ve got to say, this really is the cookie spatula. it works so well and is perfectly sized for removing cookies from a baking sheet. i use mine every time i bake cookies (which is most definitely not often enough according to my husband).
9. zak designs happy face spoon – ok, another fun item. i received one of these spoons from one of my friends at my bridal shower and have been obsessed with it every since! it’s seriously a perfect gadget gift. it’s practical (hello, everyone uses cooking spoons), but just fun and silly enough that i would probably not purchase it for myself – i would probably go for a boring black or wooden cooking spoon.
now that i’ve made your holiday wish lists grow longer, want to know how you can get your hands on some amazing kitchen gadgets of your choosing?
starting today, madison locals, if you visit orange tree imports between today and december 15, just ask to sign in for the blogger contest to be entered to win a $100 shopping spree at the store. (i also highly recommend that you do some browsing & holiday gift shopping right away when you visit!).
write down that you heard about the contest from sarah learns, and i’ll have a chance to win $100 to spend there too!
what kitchen gadget could you not live without?