who’s got the monday blues today?
i’m not really feeling them. after a kind of blah-feeling weekend, i’m feeling way better and am viewing this monday as a fresh start. hopefully i’ll be back to 100% soon!
i took a little time last night to create my to-do’s for the week and while i was doing it, i wrote down some goals i’d like to accomplish this week. because i haven’t been feeling well, things like being active and walking the dogs have fallen by the wayside and i’ve been watching way more tv than i’d like to.
so, i’m hoping this week will help to “re-set” my healthy living ways!
goals for this week:
- 10,000 steps per day on my fitbit
- no television all week
- walk the dogs every day
- write for at least 2 hours every day (lots of edits/revisions to make on my papers & dissertation!)
- meditate each morning (i used to do this daily, but fell out of practice. it’s nice to just sit quietly every morning before things get stressful.)
some other healthy living habits that have stuck with me while these have fallen aside:
- drink lots of water! (i drink at least 80 oz per day – 2 of my huge water bottles – often more!)
- eat lots of fruits and vegetables (i have at least two servings per meal – usually more.)
- cook at home (even though i’ve been feeling sick, i’ve still been putting together dinner at home most nights)
- get a lot of sleep (i’ve actually been getting too much sleep lately – but not being sleep-deprived is important to me – i can’t function on too little sleep!)
i’m definitely planning to keep those up through the week too!
don’t forget to enter my giveaway for a 16-count variety pack of larabars!!! giveaway goes until tomorrow.