this weekend was pretty great. my mom & stepdad and brad’s parents came down to sun prairie to help brad and i finish moving stuff from our apartment to our house and to just get some house things settled. i wanted to share some of the highlights from their visit!
we’re going to do this list-style since i am running way behind this morning.
- i watched all of season 6 of weeds (including staying up past my bedtime) & started season 7
- i visited the new woodmans (yay for having one less than 5 minutes away from our house!)
- mom, jamie, & i went to an art festival in fitchburg
- i bought 3 more prints to hang in our house
- we moved our couch/buffet/kayak/end tables and so much more to the house
- we broke in our keg refrigerator with a quarter barrel of spotted cow
- jamie (my stepdad), brad, & brad’s dad installed our new dishwasher
(yes, it has smudges on it – it was a busy weekend, i still need to wipe it down…)
- jamie taught brad and his dad how to replace screens on screen doors (by demonstrating on the one that jake ripped completely in half when he ran straight through it last week…)
- took my mom & brad’s mom to get their first fro-yo!
- i weeded our yard and got a quick lesson from my mom on which plants are weeds and which are flowers (haha, i’m so clueless when it comes to flower gardening…)
- we hosted our first two meals in our house –> dinner on saturday & breakfast on sunday
- jamie & brad installed two shelves in our office
- i started thinking about (and playing with) what will go on the shelves!
- we all had a great skype chat with liz & keith!
- i ran 3.1 miles in 32 minutes and now my ankles are so so so sore.
seriously, brad and i owe a huge thank you to our parents for coming and helping so much. especially my stepdad – he knows how to do everything! especially things like replacing screens/installing dishwashers/hanging shelves so they won’t fall down when you put things on them that brad and i are just not pros at.
they were so helpful this weekend & now our house is really starting to feel like home.
next on the list: cleaning our apartment so we can get our security deposit back…ughhhhh.
have a great monday!!