i hope you guys have enjoyed the supplements 101 series. i really enjoyed sharing the research that i’ve done on vitamins and supplements!
today is the last post of the series and i’m going to share with you what supplements i take.
i’ve been experimenting with my supplements for a long time now. years ago, i started just buying the most affordable options at target or walgreens, but after doing some research, i quickly learned that you get what you pay for when it comes to supplements.
i switched from doing my supplement shopping based only upon price, to doing research and choosing very high quality brands. i know that price is definitely an important factor, but i really urge you to make an investment in good ones if you do choose to take supplements. now we get all of our supplements from a health & wellness store and the chiropractic office where brad works.
so, what do i take?
- nature’s purest ultra woman – multivitamin
- vectomega omega-3’s
- renew life critical colon probiotics
- r-lipoic acid – antioxidants
- vitamin d3
- milk thistle
again, supplements are generally considered safe. however, it is very important to keep a couple things in mind.
- supplements will not take the place of a good diet. think of them as something additional you do to full the gaps in your healthy diet.
- always discuss your supplement use with your doctor.
- don’t overdose on your supplements! do your research and find out what the upper limit is for your nutrient of interest. if you take your supplements as directed on the label, you should not overdose.
- when it comes to supplements, you get what you pay for. please choose a good-quality brand from a health-foods store or other specialty store. those options that are 2 for $6 at target/walgreens/etc., while tempting and budget-friendly, are likely not manufactured well, absorbed well, or providing any health benefits.
all information presented here is what i have learned in my own research. i am not a licensed health professional and this information is not meant to take the place of medical advice. always speak with your doctor before taking any supplements.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
what supplements do you take?
i didn’t mention a couple of the supplements that i take in the supplements 101 series because i wanted to concentrate on the big ones, but if you have any questions about any other supplements, please let me know!