whew. it was a big week with minimal blogging, so that means i’ve got a lot of things to condense into 7 points this week.
let’s see if i can do it!
1. we had quite the dog-filled couple of days over here when my mom and stepdad were visiting! of course jake and capone were around, plus hoss and boone came too! it was a bit chaotic. but in a very fun & cute way!
2. best body bootcamp is almost over – craziness! this past 7 weeks have flown by & we’ve only got one week left.
i guess i’ll be making up for that this week when i try out the strength workouts that tina put together for us for phase 4 – i’m already scared!
3. the challenge that i made to myself last week to actually take the effort to wear “real” clothes went really well this past week!
even on my day off, i wore something other than sweats and a t-shirt.
things i realized: i wear a lot of ballet-flat-type-shoes. i like to pose with my hand on my hip. i need to wear more jewelry. i like to wear my skinny jeans. i need to find a better way of photographing my outfits.
i think i’ll keep the challenge going for one more week – i’ve got a lot of options in my closet that i never seem to wear!
4. i picked up a new-to-me treat at world market this week.
torani syrups were on sale, so i got a sugar-free hazelnut and a sugar-free peppermint to try fancy-ing up our coffee at home!
i tried the hazelnut first, and decided that it’s good, but very sweet! next time i’m going to make a latte with our milk frother or a sugar-free peppermint mocha by adding hot chocolate mix and the peppermint syrup to coffee.
i’m sure i’ll let you know how it is!
5. this is a very little thing, but i found these awesome goat cheese medalions at trader joe’s recently and have become obsessed with them.
they’re the perfect portion for a snack!
6. we had a little gathering at our apartment on friday night.
it was fun having my mom and stepdad meet our friends from madison! we ended up grilling burgers and brats and having lots of chips + dip and cheese.
my friend andrea also made this awesome rhubarb-strawberry sauce to contribute! apparently she’s got rhubarb coming out of her ears, so i am going to stop by her house sometime soon to pick some. i can’t wait to find some great rhubarb recipes to try!
it was a very casual, relaxing night. just what i wanted!
7. it’s outdoor farmers market season!!!
my mom and i went to the first outdoor market on the square yesterday.
it was pretty much glorious.
i got some baked goods, some cheese, asparagus, and a new-to-me food i’ll be sharing soon!
being at the market reminded me that it’s also almost csa season. ours starts the first week of may and i am beyond excited.