i hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
i guess i am – i can’t believe it’s already sunday though. ugh. i have a lot of work to do today and i am not excited about it.
something i am excited about?
the 25th seven things sunday post, of course!
1. yesterday was brad’s birthday! he’s an old man now…27!
unfortunately, he had to work in the morning and had to take a class all afternoon/evening, so he was busy.
i got up early to make him breakfast to start his day off on the right foot!
he requested breakfast potatoes, breakfast sausage, and eggs, so that’s what he got!
he has his class again today – 8am-3pm on a sunday, yuck – so i got up early and made him a big delicious bowl of hot oats.
then i went back to bed for another hour!
2. speaking of birthdays, you guys all know how much i love miss lindsay from the lean green bean.
well, today is her birthday, so everyone should probably send her some happy wishes!
3. thanks to heather’s post on friday, i got a craving for a cherry smoothie.
i think it’s my new favorite!!
i used a scoop of chocolate protein powder since i don’t have any chocolate milk to mix it with as heather suggested.
4. a new costco gem.
i’ve heard other people mention finding this at costco before, but had never seen it at the madison one until this weekend.
i snapped this baby up as soon as i saw it and now i’m wishing i had grabbed at least one more. i’ve been rationing it!
5. i’ve been in a major wardrobe slump lately. i have lots of cute things, but i haven’t been taking any effort to wear different outfits [or anything other than jeans + sweatshirts or athletic clothing].
so, this week i am challenging myself to wear “real” clothes each day.
this was last night’s outfit.
brad’s parents came down to madison and took us out to dinner so i quickly threw this on. the belt was a new thing for me. it looked strange to be on top of and under the sweater, and since i tried it under second and didn’t love it more or less than on top, i just left it. thinking back, i wish i had worn it on top, but oh well!
it’s a start!
6. phase four of best body fitness bootcamp begins tomorrow!
i only did two of the bootcamp strength workouts this week and ended up doing a couple more cardio days than i had planned. i felt really stressed all week, though, and running really helps me work through that more than strength training does.
i love how the bootcamp keeps me accountable and really reminds me to make my workouts a priority.
i’m not sure if i’ve mentioned this before, but each week as part of our tracking for the bootcamp, we select two goals to work on for the week. this week i chose to juice daily and drink at least 80 oz of water per day.
the water one ended up being really easy. sometimes i fall out of the habit with my water consumption and need to concentrate on it a little bit, which is why i made that a goal this week, but apparently my body was agreeing with me on that and craved water all week. i reached that goal every day.
juicing daily took a little planning, especially since we were out of groceries by the end of the week! i managed to juice 6 out of the past 7 days, though, so that’s great!
7. i’m going to play link love with my seventh “thing” today.
- sarah from the shubox is one of the first bloggers that i followed. i love her lists and organization suggestions, but i also felt for her and her husband as they went through their ttc journey. this week’s birth stories [part 1, part 2, part 3] from their new little girl made me so happy for them! and of course – perpetuated my baby fever.
- i totally agreed with this post from katy – stop saying sorry. i have begun to really feel this way too and am trying to take it to heart.
and for some reason i can’t think of any of the other awesome posts i’ve read recently, but i know there are more. oh well.
have a lovely sunday & enjoy the last of your weekend!
it’s dreary dreary dreary here, so i need to make sure i don’t get all sloth-like today. i’m going to go shower up, put in my contacts, and get dressed (in real clothes!) – that always makes me feel more awake and ready to tackle the day than when i wear sweat pants or pajamas all day!