wahhhh. why does sunday always come so quickly?!? brad and i are in manitowoc this morning and we’re heading back to madison sometime today – probably in the early afternoon. i love coming back home to manitowoc, even if it’s just for a night.
anyway, it’s sunday so i’m ready for my usual end-of-the-weekend list of 7 things that didn’t make it onto the blog this week.
1. this is probably the most exciting thing, so i should save it for last, but i am too pumped about it to wait.
chobani is on sale at my grocery store for $0.88 right now. $0.88!!! this is a crazy deal and i had to stock up. i bought 13 on thursday morning. then i went back for 8 more thursday afternoon. and i am very tempted to go back again and see if there are any left on the shelves today. it’s been such a treat to be able to have one per day. i usually only buy a couple cups per week since they’re not exactly cheap (but they’re so worth it). i want to stock up! plus, i can freeze some and have fro-cho as a treat.
2. i added a daily mile widget to my sidebar! i’ve been terrible about logging workouts, so i’m hoping that having this widget will keep me on top of it.
if you see me go a couple days without updating it, yell at me please!!
3. i got these chocolate & cherry m&m cookies in my february foodie penpal box from ashley.
i’ll tell you all about the rest of the package soon, but oh my gosh. i haven’t been able to keep my hand out of the bags of these. i love the cherry flavor!
4. i cleaned our vacuum filter for the first time ever on friday after vacuuming half of the apartment. then i went through and re-vacuumed it and picked up so so so much more dog hair. (sorry, is this gross?).
note to self: clean filter on vacuum more often.
5. i’ve been really busy with phd work and iin work that i haven’t been finding much time to read books for pleasure lately. i have, however, been enjoying audio books on my commutes to & from work. i just finished sarah’s key and really liked it. i love historical fiction. i also listened to water for elephants and then read something saying that it was a book that is way better in the audio version than the written version. i thought that was interesting & i’m glad i listened to it. i loved the audiobook version!
yum. it has toasted bread, honeyed goat cheese, and lots of greens. plus it was pretty easy to pull together. i will be making this again.
i encourage you to try it as well!
7. i know i mentioned this jasmine tea already this week, but i have to talk about it again.
i can’t get enough of it. when my lab went out for chinese new year, we all ordered hot tea to drink. the tea they served was jasmine tea and i think i drank a whole teapot by myself.
my little bag is almost gone already and i want to get more, but it’s not very budget friendly. i’m having a dilemma.
and with that. my 18th sunday sevens will wrap up.
enjoy the rest of your weekend!