oh my gosh you guys. i had this whole post written, and then wlw “stopped working”, closed, and i couldn’t recover the post.
what a bummer of a way to start the day.
oh well. here are my sunday seven, again.
1. i am that girl. the one who buys a juicer (for $25 from craigslist, but still…), uses it religiously for a while, and then lets it sit unused in a cabinet for over a month.
that ended yesterday!
i busted out that juicer and came up with a very refreshing mix: 1 lemon, 1 orange, 3 broccoli stalks, 1 green apple, and 4 carrots. i feel like some kind of illness is just slowly creeping up, so i’ve been trying to get lots of fruit and veggies, water, tea, and sleep. i hope it works!
2. i finally finished my earring holder! i put the sealing coat on it this week and finally put my earrings back on it on friday.
i love how bright it is! it makes me happy.
3. our bedroom needs some help.
that bare wall above the bed was the worst part.
i also couldn’t find square canvases larger than 12”x12” that weren’t ridiculously expensive, so instead, i bought a 5-pack of 16”x20” canvases and modified the design to fit those.
i made one mistake with this project. i painted the canvases entirely grey before putting on the yellow coat.
i don’t think this would have been such a problem if yellow were the background color, but because the grey was so dark, i had to put on 3-4 coats of yellow just to get modest coverage.
so yeah, they’re a little imperfect and you can see bits of grey peeking through the yellow in some spots, but i love how they look!
it makes the room feel much more “finished” and dealt with my problem of that huge bare wall!
4. since i only needed 4 canvases for this project, i had that extra one from my 5-pack just waiting for something to be painted on it.
then i just started marking off sections and mixing paints…
i didn’t have a plan for a color scheme going into it, but i love how bright and fun it turned out!
unfortunately, i am not loving how it looks where it is currently hanging. i’m trying to think of something else to add to that wall to complete the look, so i’m not going to show you the final product yet…
i am so happy to have more things on the walls. the apartment is definitely looking brighter!
5. this week is madison’s restaurant week! i am so excited for this. i have plans for a couple of dinners at participating restaurants and one lunch. i can’t wait for all of the delicious food that awaits me this week.
6. i took some adorable photos of jake this week. he is the cutest little thing that i just have to share.
that last picture cracks me up. he must have gotten his tooth into some of the fuzz on the tennis ball because he had it hanging out of his mouth like that until i got it off!
7. i’m 26 today!
i kind of can’t believe i’m that old. not that 26 is old by any means, but because i feel like i’m 22. i don’t feel like an adult, and 26 sounds like such an adult age to me. when you’re 26 you should know what to do if you get a flat tire. and not have to look up how to clean every single thing you spill. you know?
anyway… happy birthday to me!
have you done anything crafty or pinterest-inspired lately?
i’ve pinned so many awesome ideas, but i don’t do nearly enough of them. must work on that…