i know everyone and their mom has done the 11 things quiz, but i am a sucker for this kind of thing, and when christin tagged me, i had to do it!
anyway, this is how it works: i have to share 11 random things about myself, answer the 11 questions that christin asked the people she tagged, come up with 11 questions, and then tag 11 people to participate.
so let’s get on with it!
- i have never broken a bone, but i’ve had to get stitches twice. once when i was 4 or 5 and my cousin hit me in the head with a badminton racket and once when i was 19 or 20 and my ankle got caught in a conveyer belt when i worked in a factory one summer. i have scars from both, but the one on my head is really faded.
- i hadn’t seen a lot of “must-see” movies until i went to college and my roommates had to educate me. movies like pretty in pink, 16 candles, and the breakfast club. there are still a lot of movies that people can’t believe i’ve never seen.
- i locked my sister in our chicken coop when i was 3 or 4 and she was 2 or 3.
- i am obsessed with free stuff. whenever i see an offer for a free sample online, i fill out the form to get it. but, i hate clutter. this is definitely an internal conflict. i think my dislike for clutter is beginning to win because i’ve stopped requesting every single free offer.
- i would rather eat a bag of chips with dip than a cookie, cake, cupcake, candybar, etc. i love savory snacks.
6. i have horrible eyesight. my contacts are both –6.25. that’s bad. i also dislike wearing my glasses for long periods of time because i hate not being able to see clearly in my peripheral vision. i can’t wait to save up and get lasik.
7. i went with my sister and bff kelly to get our belly buttons pierced during my senior year. i went first because i didn’t feel nervous & they both did. during our spring break trip that year, we also determined that our bra cup sizes were a, b, and c (i was the c). i also got a 34 on my a.c.t. in high school. this is all important because for a long time, liz & kelly called me “miss not nervous – 34 on her a.c.t. – c.c. you got your c. you got your c.” (are you laughing at how dorky i
was am now?)
8. i took piano lessons for a long time when i was younger but i can probably barely play a scale anymore. i never practiced.
9. i have a terrible habit of buying clothing, taking it home and removing the tags before wearing it, then putting it on and deciding i don’t like it.
10. the first concert i ever went to was during my senior year of high school to see john mayer & guster with my friends tara & jonna. i hardly knew any music from either of them at the time.
11. i totaled my first car about 3 months after getting it. it was such a cute little honda civic with manual transmission.
here are the 11 questions that christin asked me.
1. Do you remember your dreams? very rarely – and never for longer than a couple minutes. then they start to get fuzzy.
2. When did you last laugh? a couple hours ago. brad and i were hugging in the kitchen and for some reason jake doesn’t like it when we do that, so he was barking at us and jumping on us and pretty much freaking out, so i laughed at him.
3. What band/album are you most smitten with right now? i haven’t tried out any new music in a long time. i am still not sick of the newest decemberists album that i have – the king is dead. not sure if they have a newer one yet…
4. What would you do first if you won the lottery? pay off my & brad’s student loans, buy a house, pay of our parents’ mortgages, go on a vacation to europe, and save some i suppose.
5. What is the last book you read? the last book that i finished was mockingjay. i already want to read all 3 of the hunger games books again. i can’t wait for the movie to come out!
6. What is the closest item to your left hand right now (other than your keyboard)? my water bottle
7. Who is your favorite comedian? i don’t really know any comedians…sorry!
8. Do you have any tattoos? yep – 3 of them. you can check out this post if you’re curious.
9. Do you like your middle name? yes! it’s rose and it’s my mom’s middle name and my grandma’s first name, so i like that it has some family meaning to it.
10. What is your favorite animal? dogs! i love my babies and i could talk with other dog people about the cute/silly things our dogs do all day.
11. What is the worst food you’ve ever eaten? this is tough because i am pretty easy to please and i don’t usually dislike much. i will say that the fake rice cheese that i tried during the vegan week challenge was nasty nasty nasty. i would rather have no cheese than that stuff…
ok, now i’m going to tag a couple people. i can’t think of 11 that i haven’t seen an 11 things from post yet though…
all real life friends before i knew of their blogs.
and 11 questions that they have to answer:
- what was the first blog you ever read?
- what is your first memory?
- how long does your morning routine take?
- what’s your strangest habit?
- where is your favorite place to go shopping?
- what is your dream job?
- what trend would you like to come back into style?
- do you have any piercings & if so, how many/where?
- what’s your favorite spice?
- what’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
- would you rather be hot or cold?
wow, rambly post, huh?