good morning, friends! who’s ready for monday?!
i am doing everything in my power to take today by storm. i have a to-do list a mile long and a serious shortage of motivation. but i am going to try to fake it until i make it!
if you need a meal that packs a serious nutrition punch to get you through the day, i’ve got you covered….
last week i prepared a meal plan and then printed off all of the recipes i wanted to make, made a grocery list, followed that list, and got cooking!
i came to “green pasta” one night, and was wondering what that could possibly be (it was a long week & i had no memory of what recipe i printed).
well, this is what i meant. except with a couple changes i had in mind. i don’t keep cream on hand and i didn’t have fresh peas, spinach fettuccine, or jack cheese.
green pea pasta
- prep time: 10 minutes
- cook time: 20 minutes
- yield: 2 servings
- 6 oz dry thin spaghetti pasta (i used a whole wheat variety)
- 1.5 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp milk (i used skim)
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated smoked gouda cheese
- cook pasta according to directions on package. drain and set pasta aside.
- in a medium saucepan melt butter on low heat.
- whisk in lemon juice, milk, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- stir in thawed peas. cook until softened and hot.
- use a fork or the back of a wooden spoon to mash up the peas to desired sauce consistency. you can also use an immersion blender for this step if you prefer.
- dump pasta into saucepan and coat with sauce and mix in 1/4 cup cheese.
- top with the rest of the cheese and serve.
we ate our pasta with a side of mixed veggies and the last of a bag of trader joe’s frozen sweet potato fries.
oh yeah, and lots of wine. <3
(since it’s monday, you probably don’t want to have too much wine…)
what are you doing to make this a good week?
i am taking the time each night to plan out what i want to accomplish the next day. i am so incredibly driven by to-do lists. if i don’t make one, i’m useless! i’m also going to make sure to plan in my workouts and give myself a little reading time each night…i just got the hunger games trilogy from the library & i can’t wait to see what happens next.