i know it’s pretty cheesy, but as brad and i are getting settled in our house*, i keep thinking of all of the firsts that we’re experiencing.
- first time painting a room
- first meal eaten in our own house
- first glass of wine consumed in our own house
- first night spent in our own house
- first time shopping at ikea
- first time putting together ikea furniture
- first time actually cooking in our own house
- first shower in our own house
- first time purchasing major appliances
- first morning of making brad’s breakfast before he heads to work in our own house
- first time walking the dogs around our new neighborhood
- first time sitting on the couch and watching tv in our own house
- first time blogging from my new desk on my new-to-me computer (aka brad’s old one) in our own house
and so many more.
i’m trying to really enjoy all of these firsts and embrace the novelty of all of these mundane everyday events made special by the fact that they’re taking place in our own grown-up, all-ours, house.
if nothing else, it helps make the ridiculous amount of stress i’m feeling go away for a little while!
*in case you couldn’t tell, instead of moving slowly over the month of august, we ended up squeezing most of the moving into the past 4 days (along with painting most of the upstairs and cleaning the whole house). we’re already living in the house, but some big things are still over at the apartment…
it’s been a crazy weekend and i am planning to do my best to get back on track with everything today. i need to get some work done, meal plan, go grocery shopping, work out, and actually cook dinner. i hope i can get it all done!