i’ve got another edition of 7 things sunday for you today with 2 giveaways at the bottom!
[no hard feelings if you just scroll down to the giveaways. ]
1. i’m not sure how i’m going to come up with 7 things for you today. this has been the focus of my life all week:
dissertation writing. it’s definitely got its busy times and its slower times. right now is a busy time. i need to have a draft ready by tomorrow –> eep!
then hopefully i’ll have at least a week (?) of “slow time” to get some other projects done and only work 8 hours a day. maybe…
2. i am trying to live by this mantra.
seriously. i repeat it to myself constantly.
please forgive me for sharing it for the third time now…
3. brad and i have been playing with our diet a lot recently. it was prompted by my stomach troubles and by a speaker that brad heard from at some nutrition classes he’s taking for work.
right now, we’re avoiding grains in our diet.
we’ve been consuming a lot (a lot) of fruit and vegetables. even more than usual!
my favorite meal since we made this decision?
salmon and a lettuce salad topped with sautéed scallions, zucchini, and kale!
i haven’t really noticed any changes in my skin from avoiding dairy, yet, but i’m still keeping it out of my diet for the most part. it doesn’t really seem to affect my stomach, but i’m still wondering if it might be playing a role in my skin problems.
anyway, i think it’s good to mix up your diet every now and then to find what works for you. i’m crossing my fingers that i can solve my stomach troubles and help improve my skin sometime soon.
5. hmm. i’ve got nothing for this one.
how about a cute photo of the dogs?
puppy snuggles make everything better.
6. don’t forget to enter my chike nutrition high protein coffee drink giveaway!
i’ll pick 3 winners on tuesday!
7. a couple weeks ago, i was contacted by easy canvas prints.com about trying out their signs services by printing one of my own photos on canvas. i jumped at the opportunity because brad and i have been planning to print several of our wedding photos on canvas and just have not gotten around to it yet. this was a great jump-start for that plan!
i picked a photo, uploaded it to their user-friendly site, and clicked order.
my canvas arrived this week and i was excited to add it to our photo collage.
i really like the canvas photo prints – i think they look really nice in general and this one seems to be good quality.
now i’m excited to get more photos of different sizes printed on canvas!
and you’re in luck! easy canvas prints has offered a customized 8’x10’ canvas print to one lucky sarah learns reader!
all you have to do to enter is to leave a comment on this post telling me about the photo you’d print on canvas. that’s it!
thanks to everyone who entered. this giveaway is now closed. the winner has been announced in a separate post.
i’ll choose a winner on tuesday.
good luck & enjoy the rest of your sunday!
i’ll be spending mine plugging away on my dissertation. can’t believe i’m turning in my first draft of it tomorrow –> SCARY. exciting too. maybe 60% scary and 40% exciting?
full disclosure: i was offered a free 8”x10” canvas print in exchange for mentioning the company on my blog. as always, all opinions expressed are my own.