ok, so i know the accent vlog might be way old news to some of my fellow bloggers, but when i saw lindsay post hers yesterday, i had to do one of my own!
this is how it works. i am supposed to record myself saying a list of words and answering some questions. from hearing my pronunciations of some words, you all can laugh at how strong my wisconsin accent is.
sounds fun, right?!
ok, so here are the words i had to read: aunt, route, wash, oil, theater, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, new orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught
and i had to answer these questions:
- what is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- what is the bug that curls into a ball when you touch it?
- what is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- what do you call gym shoes?
- what do you say to address a group of people?
- what do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- what do you called the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- what do you call it when rain falls when the sun is shining?
- what is the thing you change the tv channel with?
*i had this list taped above the camera when i was recording. that’s why i keep looking up in the video…
so here i go!
so what do you think? wisconsin accent at all?!
do you say any words differently than i do?
do i sound different than you imagined? (if you imagine how i sound…)
p.s. posting a vlog was one of my 101 in 1001! hooray!