i’ve seen a lot of recipes for superbowl foods lately and i’m sure you’ve seen them too.
i hope you’re not sick of them yet because i’ve got another for ya!
this dip is a healthier option compared to a lot of the traditional superbowl sunday foods. and honestly, it tastes just as good, if not better!
i messed with the recipe on saturday afternoon until i got it perfect! then i served it during game night with chips, carrots, and celery and there was not a bit left. i’m pumped that it went over so well.
spicy black bean and corn dip
- 15 oz black beans (drained and rinsed if you use a can)
- 15 oz sweet corn (drained and rinsed if you use a can)
- 1/2 cup salsa (i used hot!)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (i used fat free)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch salt
- reserve 1/4 cup black beans and 1/4 cup corn.
- combine all remaining ingredients in food processor or blender (i used our magic bullet) and blend until you reach desired consistency.
- stir in reserved black bean and corn if you prefer a chunkier dip (i do).
- refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to develop.
- serve with whole grain tortilla chips, celery, or carrots
i think this would be awesome with roasted corn. i couldn’t find it at my supermarket and we were out of the trader joe’s kind, but next time i’ll be making it with that!
since i won’t get to have any of this during the superbowl on sunday (thanks to my juice cleanse), please, try it for me!
p.s. today is the last day to enter my giveaway to win one of 3 $50 spa week gift cards! there are not very many entries yet, so your odds of winning are really good!