i love the idea of a year-long project, but haven’t gotten myself together enough on past birthdays to come up with a list. that is changing for this year. today is my 28th birthday and i plan to complete the following 28 items before january 22, 2015.
i thought about doing a theme for these items, but really, these are 28 things that i want to take off my “to do someday” list, and make them actually happen this year!
1. build a raised bed garden (also one of my 2014 goals)! my mom & stepdad are coming to visit us this spring and we will make this item happen.
2. go to the dane county farmers’ market. i am so ashamed to admit that i didn’t visit the dane county farmers’ market once in 2013. that’s awful. i will go at least once (but hopefully many many times) this year.
3. bake bread from scratch (i’ve done this before, but it’s been over a year).
4. finish our black & white quilt for our bed
5. hang art in our bedroom (i have my eye on a banner like this for above our bed)
6. make a headboard for our bed
7. travel to nyc*
8. travel to maine*
9. obtain & hang a hanging planter (with a plant in it of course)
10. cover our couch pillows
11. contribute a diy project to my sister’s wedding
12. plan & execute a fabulous bachelorette party & bridal shower for my sister
13. read 28 books (2.3 per month should be do-able!)
14. finish my 2012 project life album (i’ve got about 6 months waiting to be recorded…)
15. hang a pegboard in the office to hold craft supplies
16. see a movie in the theater (it’s been way too long.)
17. go to concerts on the square
18. have a picnic
19. do something about the damage to our deck (vague one. i know…)
20. use my yoga mat
21. host a holiday meal (easter?)
22. learn to crochet (& crochet something!)
23. hike at devil’s lake (just to make sure we do it!)
24. break in our pasta maker
25. purge my closet & keep only clothes that i love and that fit. (this is going to be difficult)
26. drink a beer at the terrace
27. print, frame, and hang wedding photos (it really is shameful that this is not done yet)
28. create a non-project life album to document something (maybe our garden this spring/summer?)
so what do you think? too ambitious? not ambitious enough?
what i like about this list is that it excites me. i did not allow myself to put down goals that would pressure me & ruin this fun (really any fitness-related goals fell into this category). i want this list to keep me inspired through this year & i have confidence that it will!
it is definitely my plan to document my progress on these 28 items in my project life album & on the blog.
wish me luck!
28, i’ve got high hopes for you.
*ok, these two are kind of cheats since i’ve already got plane tickets for one of those trips & a hotel booked for the other. i still think they count though. they’ll definitely be highlights of my year!